300 grams | Item Catalogue Number: 00133
The amino acid taurine is known for supporting heart health. But taurine has a range of health benefits, from promoting cell membrane stability to encouraging healthy nervous system function. Taurine also helps maintain already healthy blood pressure and blood glucose levels, promotes muscle recovery after exercise, and more.
Taurine supports heart health, helps to maintain already healthy blood pressure levels, and more.
Taurine Powder Benefits
- Promotes overall cardiovascular health
- Encourages healthy nervous system function
- Promotes skeletal muscle health
- Supports optimal exercise performance
Taurine, One of the Most Abundant Amino Acids
Taurine is one of the most abundant amino acids in the human body. It is found in most tissues, including your heart, liver, kidneys and brain. Taurine’s presence across the body is associated with a wide range of health benefits – especially for your heart and cardiovascular system.
Taurine is an amino acid found in most of the cells and tissues of the human body. It is one of the body’s most abundant free amino acids. Taurine supports water and calcium movement across cell membranes, which helps maintain cell membrane stability. It also encourages bile salt production in the liver.
Promotes heart health and more
Studies suggest that taurine promotes cardiovascular health in a variety of ways. Taurine helps maintain already healthy blood pressure, heart rhythm and vascular function and encourages healthy heart muscle contractions. Dietary taurine can also help promote normal insulin response and support already healthy blood glucose levels.
Taurine and nervous system health
Taurine is especially concentrated in the excitable tissues of the central nervous system. It plays an important neuroprotective role, in part through its ability to maintain water and electrolyte balance across cell membranes, inhibit oxidative processes and promote a healthy inflammatory response. Taurine also helps promote healthy cognitive function and retinal health.
Taurine and muscle health
Taurine supports skeletal muscle health and has been shown to support exercise performance and help maintain muscle mass and function as we age. Evidence indicates that taurine supports healthy aging and promotes longevity.
According to published research, taurine has been shown to:
- Support insulin response and healthy glucose metabolism
- Help maintain intracellular electrolytes balance (particularly calcium)
- Support eye health
- Help maintain central nervous system health
- Encourage cell membrane stability & water balance (osmoregulation)
- Promote healthy bile salt formation
- Help maintain cognitive function and neuron integrity
- Encourage heart health and function
A daily serving of 1/4 level teaspoon mixed in juice or water can support optimal cardiovascular health and beyond.
|Dosage and Use|
|Mix 1/4 level teaspoon daily in water or juice, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner|
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.