Collagen Peptides for Skin & Joints
343 grams | Item Catalogue Number: 02408
Collagen is important: it makes up about a third of your body’s total protein. But collagen normally found in your diet may be difficult for your body to absorb because of its size and structure. Hydrolyzed collagen is easier to absorb, so we’ve combined three types into one formula. This way, you get the maximum benefit out of your daily collagen regimen.
Healthy, beautiful skin. Comfortable joints. All require collagen — a special protein that your body produces less of as you age.
Collagen Peptides for Skin & Joints Benefits
- Contain Types I, II & III of hydrolyzed collagen
- Supports joint health, cartilage health and joint comfort
- Helps reduce appearance of wrinkles
- Made with collagen hydrolysate, which is easier to digest and absorb
- Unflavored powder mixes with water or favorite nutritious drink
Why We Use Hydrolyzed Collagen
The types of collagen that are most common in your body (types I, II and III) are found in your skin and connective tissue. Each type has slightly different structures that are not easy to digest and absorb in their natural, full-length form. So, we used hydrolyzed collagen (collagen hydrolysate): very small fragments of collagen that are more easily absorbed, which helps you get the most out of our collagen formula.
Collagen plays a pivotal role in the structure of bones, joints and skin. But because collagen is a large molecule, it’s harder for your body to digest and absorb. Hydrolyzed collagen consists of smaller pieces of collagen (called collagen peptides). Together, they have the same type and amount of amino acids as a full collagen molecule but are easier for your body to digest and for your cells to assimilate. These amino acids can then be used to form collagen and elastin: two major components of healthy skin and connective tissue.
The vast majority of collagen in your body is type I, II or III.
- Type I—this form of collagen makes up more than 90% of your body’s bone mass and 80% of your skin. Type I collagen is also found in your tendons and ligaments.
- Type II—about 80% of your body’s cartilage is made up of Type II collagen. In addition to the connective tissue that protects your bones and joints, Type II is found in your spine as well as your vitreous humour: the clear gel that fills the space between the lens and retina of your eye.
- Type III—when it comes to your skin, if it’s not Type I collagen, it’s likely type III: about 15% of your total skin is this kind of collagen. Type III is also found in vital organ tissue like your lungs, liver and spleen.
Collagen hydrolysate enhances collagen production
We use collagen hydrolysate (which provides collagen peptides) because it can pass the mucosal barrier in your digestive system, without needing to be broken down into smaller pieces. And that’s not all:
- Collagen hydrolysate provides free amino acids that contribute to collagen and elastin synthesis.
- The collagen peptides bind to fibroblasts, the major cells responsible for collagen production, and activate them, which results in the production of even more collagen.
Collagen and joint comfort
Hydrolyzed collagen can stimulate collagen production and help promote joint comfort. A six-month, randomized study of 250 subjects showed that daily intake of collagen hydrolysate significantly promoted knee comfort.
Collagen and skin elasticity
Collagen plays a key role in your skin’s structure. It’s integrated with elastin, the protein that gives skin its flexibility and elasticity — together they keep your skin looking healthy and vibrant. A double-blind study of 69 women (from ages 35 to 55), showed significant improvement in skin elasticity after eight weeks of subjects taking daily hydrolyzed collagen when compared to the placebo group.
Easily mixable powder
Collagen Peptides for Skin & Joints is unflavored, so it mixes easily in water or any other favorite beverage. Get the most out of your daily collagen regimen and encourage healthy skin, cartilage and joint tissue with Collagen Peptides for Skin & Joints!
|Dosage and Use|
|Mix one (1) scoop daily with water or beverage of choice, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.|
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.