500 mg, 60 vegetarian capsules | Item # 01829
What Is Carnosine?
Carnosine is a compound made up of two amino acids (beta-alanine and L-histidine) with powerful anti-aging properties. Although carnosine occurs naturally in our bodies, levels decline with age. This makes supplementation an essential part of your whole-body health program.
Carnosine has powerful antioxidant properties that support your anti-aging goals.
- Provides powerful antioxidant benefits
- Helps the heart muscle contract more efficiently
- Inhibits formation of advanced glycation end products (AGEs)
- Protects muscle cells from oxidative stress during & after exercise
A natural antioxidant
This anti-aging supplement contains 500 mg of carnosine, a naturally occurring antioxidant, to support healthy aging and exercise recovery, to help the heart muscle contract more efficiently and to inhibit glycation.
Carnosine is a dipeptide that can interfere with the glycation process, an underlying mechanism of aging that causes damage to the body’s proteins. Glycation is the random, non-enzyme-controlled cross-linking of proteins or lipids with sugars to form non-functioning structures in the body.
The process of glycation can contribute to wrinkled skin. Carnosine has shown the ability to inhibit formation of advanced glycation end products (AGEs).
Protects muscle cell membranes
Muscle levels of carnosine correlate with the maximum life spans of animals. While muscle cells (myocytes) contain high levels of carnosine, those levels decline with age. Muscle levels decline 63 percent from age 10 to age 70, which may account for the normal age-related decline in muscle mass and function.
Carnosine may also support heart muscle function by modulating calcium signaling in heart muscle cells. These benefits make carnosine an essential part of your comprehensive nutritional regimen.
|Dosage and Use
|Take one (1) capsule once or twice daily, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.